Two years later, San Isidro returns to Madrid with its prairie, its concerts and its theatrical performances, passing through typical dances, the tasting of Madrid stew and ready and silly donuts. For this edition, which marks the 400th anniversary of the saint’s canonization, the City Council has appointed Antonio Resines, who spent a month in the ICU due to coronavirus, as an “exceptional town crier”. Activities are concentrated in five locations – Pradera de San Isidro, Plaza de la Villa, Jardin de Las Vistillas, Plaza Mayor and Matadero – and there is “a great desire to celebrate”, as the Mayor of Madrid, José Luis Martínez Almeida, confessed during the presentation of the acts last Thursday. These are the main proposals of the program for the festivity of San Isidroall of them free:
Friday the 13th
- Prairie of San Isidro: the first appointment, for the little ones, is at 6:00 p.m. with music, actors and puppets from Zarzuguinol. The concerts start at 8:00 p.m. with the drag Nacha La Macha, who will perform the best-known songs by Rocío Jurado or Mecano. At 10:15 p.m., the Catalan group of techno-pop OBK will review its more than 15 years of career. At 12.00, the duo of DJ’s and producers ELLA and MØNØ will offer an electronic, pop and rock session.
- The Views: at 8:00 p.m. concert by Franvvi, who will present a preview of his next work, Bolikao. At 9:30 p.m., the independent Biscayan band Belako will present the edition live deluxe from his Plastic Drama. And at 10:45 pm electronic session of the Israeli duo formed by Dori Sadovnik and Niv Arzi.
- Main Square: the Municipal Symphonic Band of Madrid will offer a concert at 9:30 pm with a traditional repertoire full of great classics such as Water, The Unruly either The Great Way.
- Slaughterhouse: at 9:30 p.m. Lin Cortés will offer ballads, a show that unleashes its roots, focused on flamenco and the most electric rock. At 11:00 p.m. the French quintet Acid Arab will mix the techno with melodies, harmonies and Arabic chants.
What affects the most is what happens closest. To not miss anything, subscribe.
- The Views: at 11.00, a performance by the Federation of Traditional Madrid Groups with traditional dances -chotis and pasodobles- and goyescos, as well as fragments of zarzuelas. At 6:00 p.m., a performance by the winners of the 42nd Rock Villa Awards in Madrid, Morreo, Parquesvr and Free Sis Mafia. At 9:00 p.m., rock and roll by Los Rebeldes from Barcelona. At 10:30 p.m., Rusowsky concert and, at 11:45 p.m., Jasss DJ Set session.
- Prairie of San Isidro: at 6.30 pm, a performance by Petip Pop, a quartet with an entertaining and fun formula for all audiences. At 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., theatrical representation of the life of the patron saint. At 8:00 p.m., Jaime Lorente, star of series such as The Money Heist either Elite, and at 11:00 pm the Andalusian rock Derby Motoreta’s Burrito Kachimba.
- Slaughterhouse: at 20.00, the energetic and powerful live performance of Ana Fernández-Villaverde, better known as La Bien Querida. At 9:30 p.m., Arkano, and not before 11:00 p.m., Jerez-born Santiago Gonzalo who, under the alias of Bronchuspromises a sound display capable of blowing up any dance floor.
- Main Square: a 12.00, the 38th Edition of the Madrilenian Dance Festival, in which five associations will bring folklore and dances from the capital and its province closer together. At 8:00 p.m., the Catalan trombonist and singer Rita Payés will perform songs from her latest work, like the skin, and, at 9:30 p.m., Dangerous Friendships will celebrate their 30 years on stage. At 11:00 p.m., the ragpicker Maikel DeLaCalle.
- The Views: at 12.00 Madrid: Dance with us to the sound of our music! invites the public to learn the steps of traditional dances with the Escuela Bolera Madrileña. At 9:30 p.m., the cumbia and boleros of Tarquim and, at 11:00 p.m., the Jamaicans The Skatalities with their mix of reggae Y ska
- Prairie of San Isidro: at 2:00 p.m. you can taste Madrid stew and, at 4:30 p.m., regional dances. At 9:00 p.m., the urban sound of Rojuu and, at 10:30 p.m., Medina Azahara. Fireworks at 11:59 p.m.
- Slaughterhouse: at 12.00, dance with rumbòdrom, a choreographic piece by the José Manuel Álvarez company. At 10:30 p.m., Eloi Vázquez and Yayo V. Codesido, from Compostela, known for being the DJs of El cuerpo del Disco, will show off their fervor and passion for disco music and house.
- Main Square: at 6:00 p.m. the concerts start 40 Classic, with Nena Daconte, Tam Tam Go and Nacha Pop, as well as a tribute to The Clash with a band made up of members from, among others, Sidecars and Love of Lesbian.
- Exteriors of the Royal Palace: at 12.00 the players of the New Zealand rugby team, the Classic All Blacks, they will execute their more than well-known haka.
- San Isidro Park: at 6:00 p.m., a circus performance by Máximo Óptimo and, from 9:00 p.m., concerts by Tongo and Jamones con Tacones a.
The complete program can be consulted on the official website www.sanisidromadrid.com.
subscribe here to our daily newsletter about Madrid.
We would like to say thanks to the author of this write-up for this amazing material
San Isidro 2022: program and concerts of the Madrid festivities
You can find our social media profiles here as well as additional related pages here.https://kjovi.com/related-pages/