Elvis Presley is in the spotlight in the biopic directed by Baz Luhrmann, released last July in theaters. Rock icon, legend of popular culture, sulphurous sex symbol that has become a myth for all audiences, here is the King in images, anecdotes and unusual revelations.
Elvis Presley is featured in the biopic released in the summer of 2022 worn by Austin Butler and Tom Hanks, directed by Baz Luhrmann. John Lennon claimed that“before Elvis, there was nothing”…
In 1935, no one suspected that a kid named Elvis Aron Presley, born in Mississippi and coming from a modest background, would become the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. In 1948, his family moved to Memphis (Tennessee), also known as “the birthplace of the blues”. A teenager crazy about jazz and country, the young Elvis decided to try his luck in music at the age of 18 and recorded two songs My Happiness and That’s When Your Heartaches Begin. Contacted by the Sun Records studio, in order to carry out some tests, Elvis surprises the producer and discoverer Sam Philips with a cover of That’s all right Mama. His talent is immense. In two years his career was launched. He became the idol of a whole generation fascinated by this tender and provocative genius with his spectacular hips.
With titles like Love Me Tender or Jailhouse Rock, the King unleashed passions by performing in Las Vegas. America throbs in front of this media figure and his music, this mouth that throws and this body that dances, to the point of following his adventures until his military service in 1958. Assigned two years in Germany, the soldier fell madly in love with Priscilla Beaulieu, then aged 14, who in 1967 would become his wife and the mother of little Lisa-Marie.
Guest of President Nixon, recognized and adored artist, Elvis continues to cause a sensation throughout the country. Unfortunately, with success, even fame, comes excess and the King Presley loses himself in drugs, junk food, alcohol and medication. In 1972, depressed and obese, he divorced Priscilla. 5 years later, he is found dead in the bathroom of his magnificent villa, Graceland, victim of a cardiac arrest. Considered the greatest rocker of all time, Elvis continues to rock, 40 years later…
16 unusual facts about Elvis Presley:
- Elvis had a twin named Jesse Garon Presley, who died at birth
- Her favorite sandwich was peanut butter, fried bacon, banana and margarine
- He was a black belt in karate and called himself Tiger.
- He hated fish, his wife was forbidden to eat it at Graceland, their home
- He was nicknamed Elvis-The-Pelvis by his detractors, in reference to his particular sway
- He had a slight stutter
- He was insomniac
- His wife called him the “King of foreplay”.
- He had a hard time recovering from the death of James Dean that he admired
- He had a pet turkey named Bowtie.
- He was good friends with Johnny Cash. It would even seem that the men had fun imitating each other
- He met Richard Nixon in 1970 because he wanted to become a freelance federal agent in the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
- The singer has never performed outside of North America
- He was a huge comic book fan, he used to trade them with his cousin, Harold Loyd
- Elvis died on the throne, finally sitting on the toilet bowl in a pool of vomit, according to his doctor George Nick Nichopoulos
- He suffered from chronic constipation
We want to say thanks to the writer of this article for this remarkable web content
Elvis Presley in 16 secrets (and PHOTOS)
You can view our social media profiles here as well as other related pages herehttps://kjovi.com/related-pages/